Wednesday, August 13, 2008

South Carolina Wednesday through Friday

WEDNESDAY AUGUST 13
I’m not feeling very well today. I went to bed early last night because I wasn’t feeling well and I didn’t sleep very well either. It rained most of the night as well as most of today.

We made it to Savannah about 2:00 and checked into our hotel. We’re right in the middle of the historic district and just a few blocks from the City Market with small gift shops, restaurants, bars, and antique shops.
After dinner at Vinny’s we walked around the shops and down toward the Savannah River. We meandered along the narrow streets of Savannah and happened upon The Lady and Sons, Paula Deen’s restaurant. With the mixed reviews of the restaurant we had already decided not to have dinner there but since we stumbled upon it we decided to inquire about dessert. We were seated right away. Jon ordered a mousse pie and I ordered Key Lime Pie both with homemade whipped cream. Both pies were very good but way too much for either of us to finish.

After dessert we wandered back through the city to our hotel. Tomorrow we’re having lunch at the crab shack and then heading to Hilton Head to do some shopping on the way back to Folly Island.








THURSDAY AUGUST 14
We had a wonderful time in Savannah. I woke up feeling much better today and I had the best night’s sleep all week and Jon had the worst. Sorry Jon.

We went to Hilton Head Island to do some shopping. I got a new purse and Jon bought some kitchen utensils and a basket for the grill. Jon’s the chef and enjoys cooking much more than I so he made grilled vegetables and shrimp this evening with Creole seasoning. Mmmm was it ever good!

Here’s a picture of the hotel we stayed at and the lovely girl with the beautiful hair at the front desk.
And I took these flowers just for Courtney at work.
Now I'm going to spend the rest of the evening reading a murder mystery. G'night all.

No comments: